Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2014 by Workout Bro
Because our back is composed of big muscles.
We know that training big muscles is the key to build muscle fast. It's not a mystery right? If you train small muscles the gains that you can make are proportioned to the size of the muscles.
If you train big muscles you have big chances to make huge gains.
These are 3 biggest muscles in our body
1. Legs (quads and glutes)
3. back (lats and traps)
When you train those intensely you will make a big gain because that type of workout stimulates testosterone and HGH production, which is beneficial to the rest of your body.
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2014 by Workout Bro
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2014 by Workout Bro
Limited Muscle Gains
For bodybuilders, this can go either way. Caffeine has
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2014 by Workout Bro
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2014 by Workout Bro
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2014 by Workout Bro
Here are few reasons:
- Safety – When you are doing weight lifting, especially bench pressing with repetitions until failure approach, I strongly recommend you to get a spotter. If the weight drops, you won’t get hurt.
- Proper Form – Spotter may provide feedback on your technique whether you have pushed too far away or your back is not straightened correctly. When you are doing your last repetition, you normally need assistance to get it done correctly. In this case, spotter comes in to help you finish it.
- Encouragement – Spotter may motivate you to perform better with words of encouragement. I often hear people shouting, “Come on, you can do it!” “One more, one more and you will be the man!” “Another push and I will kiss your ass!”
- Psychology (placebo) effect – Sometimes, simply touching the bar is good enough to trick a person that you are supporting whereas you are there just to provide a level of comfort for his mind. With a spotter, a person normally dares to push the heavy weight for another few more repetitions beyond what he is normally capable.
Tips of Being a Spotter
- If you want to be spotter for others, make sure you have the strength to be able to control the weight if that person fails completely. Otherwise, not only that person has the risk, being a spotter, you may get injured too. So, do not try to spot someone who is lifting 100 pounds when you can only lift half of that weight.
- If you are spotting your partner who is using dumbbell, hold the same place for both hands at the same amount of support of each side.
- If barbell is used, use both hands too to provide support evenly on the bar for balancing purpose.
- You do not have to help too much. Otherwise, the exercise may be too easy for that person to complete. In other words, give just enough assistance, not too much, not too little.
- Normally, you help in the positive phase and not the negative phase which that person resisting the weight force. That person should resist the force by himself so that he can reap the benefits of weight training.
- When someone needs your help, normally he or she will ask it. So, you do not have to walk around and keep asking whether people want your help. It can be quite annoying. (Of course, if you need that pick up line to talk to the girl, you are forgiven.)
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2014 by Workout Bro
I told her, “If mopping floor help build muscle, janitor will be the next Mr Universe.” Sigh. Most people are ill-informed as to how weight training can help them lead a healthier life.
Now, let’s look at the top 4 benefits of weight training.
1) Increase Muscle Endurance, Strength and Power
- Muscular endurance – You will be able to perform an activity for an extended period of time.
- Strength – You will be able exert a high amount of force. In layman words, weight training makes you stronger. It is usually very easy for you to maintain motivation when commencing a weight training program because during the first 6 to 8 weeks of training, your strength will improve dramatically. There is no need to worry that you are putting on muscle way too quickly at this point. These initial strength gains are due to your muscles learning to work more efficiently. In a game or sport situation, being stronger would be an advantage.
- Power – You will be able to exert a high amount of force in a short amount of time (sound like Physic subject). Being strong is good, but being strong and being quick makes you powerful. When do we need power? When you start sprinting, you need to have powerful legs. When you trip and lose your balance, then being able to quickly extend your leg and stop your body from falling also requires you to be powerful. Netballers, basketball players or rugby players, all need powerful upper bodies too. So training with weights, in the proper forms, can actually make you quicker, not slower.
2) Increase Bone Density
From a general health perspective, as we age, we lose bone mass. When this loss of bone exceeds a high enough level, it is known as osteoporosis. Weight training has a positive effect on our bone density. It helps combat the effects of decreasing bone mass. If we have more muscle mass and bone mass, we can allow our bodies to be better conditioned as we age.
3) Increased Metabolic Rate
Weight training will help build muscles. Muscles will help you increase the body’s metabolic rate, causing the body to burn more calories throughout the day. You will be still burning more calories while you are sleeping.
4) Feel Better and Look Better
It is a wonderful feeling to feel strong, especially after the workout. Stronger muscles and joints can have a dramatic impact on posture. With good poster and leaner toned muscles, you will feel better about your appearance.
I am neither an elite athlete nor I a hardcore bodybuilder. But, I enjoy weight training. So, the next time your mum ask you help to mop the floor at home rather than working out in gym, tell her they are two different things. Both may make you sweat, but the latter make you better with the benefits I just mentioned. In fact, weight training will help you have more strength to mop floor!
(Mopping floor and weight training are not mutually exclusive. In other words, you still can lift weight at gym and help mopping the floor after your workout.)
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2014 by Workout Bro
Do you know the reason why there are so many options of back exercises?. Because our back is composed of big muscles. We know that train...
Who agree with me that by spotting someone is the best way to gain new friends inside the gym? Isn't it wonderful that when you walk i...
As anyone engaged in bodybuilding will tell you, the process of building and sculpting muscle is one that requires intense focus and com...